Wednesday, June 20, 2007

2 Months

Yesterday was Jackson's 2 month birthday. Yes, the time has gone by incredibly fast, yes he's growing and outgrowing his clothes quickly. He's also getting to be much more fun. We're at a point where he's becoming interactive. Last month, I could give him toys and he would look like he was playing with them. This month, we can really play. Here are some of our favorite games:
Alligator kisses. I picked up a little fuzzy stuffed alligator from Old Navy. I slowly wiggle it up his body drawing the word "Alligator" out. When I get to his head, I kiss his face all over with the alligator and say "kisses". Jackson laughs and laughs.
Peak-a-boo. No need to describe this game. Jackson loves it. We've been playing mostly by covering Jackson's face, and he finds it hilarious. Today, I tried covering my face, and was rewarded with giggles. Yesterday, Jackson was lying there with the burp cloth over his face. He pulled it down and I said "Peak-a-boo". After laughing, he covered his face back up and did it again. First time--lucky accident. Second time--intentional?
Jackson still enjoys swatting at the bears on his pack and play. He can also be convinced to sit in his crib for the duration of the swirling musical mobile--Why doesn't this play music for more than 2 minutes at a time? This week, we pulled out the gymini for another try. He likes it. The pentapuss (I guess the toy company couldn't spring for the other 3 legs) is a particular hit.
Clap hands and shout "Yeah". Follow up by moving his legs and say "Run, Run, Run".
Good times are pretty easy to come by with the young.
-s
ps. Here are today's stats: 14 lbs 10 oz, 25 3/4 inches long, 16 inch head.

No comments:

Post a Comment