Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sitting all by himself!! (However briefly)

Today, I had propped Jackson in the corner of the couch so that I could eat hands free. He'd already had enough of his bumbo and being wheeled around the kitchen in the high chair. So, my boy was propped up, and I was facing him with a leg extended along the couch edge like a rail just in case. His attention became fixated on my mashed potatoes and he started to reach for them. In doing so, he leaned forward so he was sitting ALL BY HIMSELF!! He was leaning forward at a pretty steep angle. I thought he would collapse onto his outstretched legs at any moment, but he didn't. I leaned him back, and he pulled himself forward again.
Such a big sitter! When we were done, I gave him a little bit of mashed potatoes. I figured he'd earned it. Guess he's not ready for Thanksgiving yet. He pushed them right out of his mouth with his tongue. That's OK, I'm not supposed to be feeding him such complex foods yet anyway.
Hurray for Jack!!

1 comment:

  1. It has begun. That is how Harrison, Zane, and Ewan all started to learn to sit.
    Give Jackson a couple weeks and he'll be doing it by himself. He will be at such a fun stage where he will sit on a blanket and play with his toys and STAY. Once they start crawling, it's over buddy.

    ReplyDelete