Thursday, October 4, 2007

Jump-A-Roo



Wow. I'm a super slacker on the blog right now. It's a reflection of a hectic lifestyle with a regular career, an infant, and a house, but no additional staff. I put Jackson in his Johnny-Jump-up since he was restless and its nearby so that I can blog. We received this item as a hand-me-down from one of my coworkers--Thanks, Chuck!
I was pretty skeptical at first. These toys are notorious for recalls. But this one looks to be well built, and Jackson needs some freedom, yet assisted movements. So, we reinforced the doorframe and hung it up. (That's another reason to be hesitant to use this toy, we installed the trim, so I'm well aware of the shoddy construction technique used--it took us a while to realize the nails needed to go through wood, not just sheetrock)
Jackson La-La-La-Loves it! At first, he bounced on one foot at a time with trepidation. He also did alot of spinning. We just got it out last week, and have only used it a few times, but he's got it all figured out. He's gleefully bouncing away using both feet as if it were a trampoline. He sings while he bounces. He puts his arms straight out to the sides, presumably for balance, although there's plenty to hold onto for support.
I'll get some pic's up eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment