Friday, June 26, 2009

Ben's the man!






We went to visit Ben and Nicole in their awesome new house last weekend (in conjunction with a visit from Sheree's mom Chris and brother Ellis). Part of being married to a member of the Swenson family is having to visit some kind of tourist type attraction. They suffer from some kind of compulsion, I don't know what it is. So, after we had breakfast, the topic of "what are we going to do?" came up. Ben thought for a moment, then suggested we head to Camden to see the USS New Jersey. My initial reaction was "lame!". Ben told me to shut up, "it'll be all right". So after walking around the battleship for an hour or so, we headed up to the top deck, where there was a BREW FEST! Fifteen local micro breweries with three to five FREE beers each.



As you can see, a good time was had by all!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. . . both historical and cultural.

    I wish you and Nicole were in Utah this week so you could join in our little mini-reunion with Heather, Spring, Jamie, and I. I'm sure we would have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Clarify, this was really Nicole's pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, to be fair I don't think Jason was around when I brought it up...and Ben's initial reaction was also "lame". I really should have kept the beer fest thing a big secret until we all got there ;-) That part was pure luck, and was definitely a good time. Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing and for visiting, come again SOON

    and Kristin, I wish I were there too. It has been way too long. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete