Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pearly Whites.

Maybe this is a mundane topic, but I'm going to share anyway.

Today, we went for Jackson first dental cleaning. He was amazing!!
Mostly, he sat on my legs and watched the hygienist work on my teeth. Every once in a while he got up to explore. The fish did have to be moved to a higher shelf. And Jackson fiddled a bit with the suction tool. Mostly though, he sat in my lap and considered drinking the mouthwash.

Then it was Jackson's turn to sit in the chair. He sat, he opened, he had his teeth counted, scraped, polished, and flouridated!!! Then, he had a little drink and made spitting noises into the bowl.

At the end, the dentist came in to look at my teeth. Jackson got up again, and managed to briefly get the suction tool stuck to his nose.

There was no running away, no crying, and no wreckage! Yeah for Jackson.

(Jason thinks this is a sign that we should stick to just 1 child. With our family history, another is bound to be a terror!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am really impressed. Way to go, Jackson.
    By the way, I also was impressed by the sorting the paper clips post several weeks ago. How interesting to see personality developing in these kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. Yay for counting teeth......and no wreckage in a public place. :_

    ReplyDelete